Jacksonville, FL Silverfish Pest Control
Silverfish are tear-drop shaped insects that can reach up to 19mm in length.
The two species of silverfish most commonly found in Jacksonville are: silverfish and firebrats. Silverfish have no wings, but have fine scales covering their brownish bodies making them appear silvery in color. These long, flatly oval insects are most easily identified by their 3 long tail projections. Silverfish like warm, moist places. In contrast, Firebrats are similar but more darkly colored. Firebrats also seek moisture, but prefer hot areas – above 90°F, such as around ovens and hot water pipes. If you notice potential silverfish activity in your home or business, call Lindsey Pest Services immediately.
Did You Know?
- Silverfish may be found almost anywhere in the home but they prefer warm, moist areas.
- A female silverfish will lay her eggs in cracks, cloth, or even food, laying up to 200 at one time!
- Silverfish can eat almost anything, but prefer proteins and carbohydrates, such as flour, dried meat, and oats.
- Because silverfish have enzymes that digest cellulose, they can even eat paper and glue!
- Silverfish will live up to 3 years!
Silverfish Control in Jacksonville, FL
Silverfish have no wings, but have fine scales covering their brownish bodies making them appear silvery in color. These long, flatly oval insects are most easily identified by their 3 long tail projections. Silverfish like warm, moist places.
Our Happy Customers
This company was amazing. They were prompt, professional, and affordable! The level of communication was superb! I have already given their name to a friend to use when they are ready! Highly recommended!
Very, accomodating when I need you to come to my house. Technicians and staff always pleasant. Having you as my pest control people no-brainer.
Steve is the best! He represents your company in a professional and caring manner. Your office staff is outstanding! It is always a pleasure contacting your company.