Northeast Florida Pest Experts Serving Atlantic Beach
With miles of relaxing beaches and plenty of golf courses, parks, and shopping, you can't go wrong living and working in Atlantic Beach. Unfortunately for home and business owners, Atlantic Beach also attracts insects and rodents. To ensure that your Atlantic Beach property is kept free from the many insects and other pests that call Northeast Florida home, partner with the pest experts found at Lindsey Pest Services. Through dedication, professionalism, training, and effective pest control methods that are environmentally friendly, your residential or commercial property will be free of pests, and you will be a happy and satisfied customer. Call us at Lindsey Pest Control today to schedule a free inspection for your Atlantic Beach property!
Home Pest Control Services In Atlantic Beach, FL
If unwanted house guests like ants, spiders, or roaches have infested your home, contact Lindsey Pest Services for help. Locally owned and operated, we provide effective home pest control solutions in Atlantic Beach, Florida. With three levels to choose from, you decide what plan suits your needs and your budget. While all three plans include quarterly treatments, protection from over 30+ common household pests, and the Lindsey Pest guarantee, our Better and Best options protect against termites using the eco-friendly and highly effective Sentricon® System.
For more details about what each plan includes, please visit our home pest control page or give us a call at (904) 552-2346.
Ant Prevention Tips For Atlantic Beach, FL Residents
Ants are a common household pest and are very good at finding homes and properties that offer easy access to food, water, and shelter sources. By eliminating their access to those basic needs, you will make your property unattractive to ants, and they will choose somewhere else to live, breed, and forage for food. The following tips can help to prevent ants from wanting to choose your Atlantic Beach property to invade.
- Trim back overgrown vegetation from the outside of your home. Ants will use the branches of trees, bushes, and other plants to gain easy access to the exterior of your home.
- Leave a stone or rock barrier between your home's foundation and any mulch or grass.
- Reduce water sources by making sure that gutters are working to direct water away from the outside of your home and fix leaky pipes, fixtures, and faucets both inside and outside of your home.
- Make sure that outdoor trash cans have tight-fitting lids on them and that they are stored up off of the ground and a distance away from the exterior of your home.
- Place vegetable gardens and compost piles away from your home. Quickly pick up fruits and vegetables that have fallen to the ground.
- To help keep ants from gaining access to your home, inspect its exterior, sealing any cracks in the foundation or exterior walls. Fill in gaps found around pipes and other utilities entering your home, and make sure that window and door screens are entirely intact.
- Regularly vacuum and mop the floors in your home, wipe down kitchen counters and tables, and store food inside of the refrigerator or in sealed air-tight containers.
If, despite your best efforts, you still see ants or other pests, contact Lindsey Pest Services. For effective ant control in Atlantic Beach, we are the right choice!
Commercial Pest Control In Atlantic Beach, FL
At Lindsey Pest Services, we understand how important it is to your Atlantic Beach business to keep pests outside and away from your products, customers, and employees. To accomplish this, our professionals offer comprehensive commercial pest control in Atlantic Beach that includes long-term solutions against pests and the problems that they can inflict.
Our commercial pest control services are highly effective and include:
- A focus on prevention.
- The use of chemical alternatives and practical pest solutions wherever possible.
- Effective pest control solutions that eliminate and control a wide variety of common commercial pests.
- Access to highly trained and experienced local pest professionals.
To learn more about our commercial pest control solutions or schedule an inspection, get in touch with us today at Lindsey Pest Services.
Termite Control In Atlantic Beach, FL
In Florida, termites are a serious problem. Our warm, humid weather provides the perfect conditions for these wood-destroying insects. If you haven't already had a termite infestation, we'd be surprised. If you have, well, you're in good company!
At Lindsey Pest Services, we hate termites. More importantly, we hate termite damage, and the stress these pests cause Florida homeowners and businesses. We understand termites and understand how to rid them from any Atlantic Beach property effectively.
From liquid termite treatments to termite baiting and monitoring using the Sentricon® System, we deliver results! Learn more about our Atlantic Beach termite control options, or give us a call to discuss.
Is Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Honeybee Removal Safe For Atlantic Beach Residents?
Like other stinging insects, honeybees can be dangerous. A sting can result in painful irritation and severe allergic reactions, and no one wants to risk that. So, what do you do if you have a honeybee hive on your Atlantic Beach property? A first instinct might be to knock the hive down or spray it with chemical cleaners. You might even go to the store and buy special exterminating spray, but our experts at Lindsey Pest Services advise against this.
DIY pest control might seem easy and cost-effective, but it can be dangerous when it comes to stinging insects like honeybees. When threatened, honeybees will attack to keep their queen safe, and many people don't know they are allergic to bee stings until it happens. This puts you and the people around you at risk. The best option when it comes to honeybees is to seek professional assistance. Whether you know a hive is active or not, you should contact us at Lindsey Pest Services for honeybee removal on your Atlantic Beach property. We will do the job safely and help you keep the best from coming back.
What's The Best Bed Bug Control Method In Atlantic Beach?
It is commonly believed that bed bugs only happen to 'dirty' homes, but this is far from the truth. Bed bugs can happen to anyone from residential to commercial properties. Because of this, it is easy to feel helpless against the pest, but Lindsey Pest Services is here to tell you how you can control bed bugs in Atlantic Beach.
To keep an infestation from happening, you should always inspect any second-hand items before bringing them into your home, take precautions while traveling, and keep your home free of clutter. With less clutter around your house, it is easier to vacuum regularly, which if a few bed bugs get in, you can remove them before they can reproduce and become a problem.
If you have an infestation, the best way to get rid of it is with professional help. Although you can find many DIY bed bug control methods online, they are often not 100% effective, leaving eggs and larvae to hatch. This is not to mention the stress, time, and money you would spend doing it yourself. So instead, call us at Lindsey Pest Solutions.
We offer targeted bed bug solutions that will remove the entire infestation and give you back the peace of mind you deserve to have in your home. With follow-up visits, we can guarantee your home remains bed bug-free for at least one year. Call us to find out more tips on how to prevent bed bugs and the services we offer.
Four Practical Mosquito Control Tips For Atlantic Beach Homeowners
You have probably tried everything under the sun, from spray to citronella candles and torches, but still, mosquitoes are wreaking havoc on your Atlantic Beach property. This is because these products are quick fixes and aren't getting to the source of the problem. Lindsey Pest Services recommends:
- Removing Standing Water From Your Property: Mosquitoes only need a small amount of water for breeding. Gutters, ponds, birdbaths, and planters can provide the water needed.
- Keep Your Landscape Maintained: Long grass and overgrown shrubbery provide the shade mosquitoes need to survive.
- Be Mindful Of The Plants On Your Property: Plants like taro, papyrus, water lettuce, and water lilies attract mosquitoes while marigolds and lavender deter them.
- Allow Natural Predators: Spiders, birds, and bats are natural predators toward mosquitoes, and allowing them on your property, to an extent, will help maintain mosquito populations.
For more control tips and to learn about our mosquito control services, contact us at Lindsey Pest Services. We offer year-round protection against mosquitoes for Atlantic Beach residents. Call today to find out more!
How Can I Control These Fleas In My Atlantic Beach Home?
Fleas are parasitic pests that rely on other living organisms for their survival. This pest is often associated with stray animals like cats and dogs because they are easy targets for fleas. Fleas can make their way into your home if you have wildlife on your Atlantic Beach property or your pet encounters another animal that has them.
Fleas aren't just a nuisance to people; they can cause a lot of stress for infected animals. You should always talk to your pet's veterinarian about flea preventatives to ensure they are safe and don't pick them up and carry them into your home.
You can prevent them from happening by keeping your yard maintained, trimming back any foliage that is close to your home, installing a fence to keep wild animals out, and removing debris. If you have fleas in your home, you should vacuum daily and empty the vacuum contents immediately.
If you are worried about fleas in your Atlantic Beach home, contact us at Lindsey Pest Services. We can eliminate the infestation and tell you how to prevent it from happening again. Reach out to us to learn more!
How To Identify A Cockroach Infestation In Your Atlantic Beach Home
Cockroaches are a very real pest problem for Atlantic Beach homeowners because of the health risks that these pests can bring. And while cockroaches might be hard at work around your home, being able to tell whether or not you have them is another story.
Cockroaches are primarily nocturnal pests, so they do the majority of their work while you’re asleep. To complicate matters, cockroaches usually don’t stray far from their food sources and can take up shelter in places that you wouldn’t normally go. That said, here are a few key signs that might indicate a cockroach infestation in your home:
- Shed skins or body parts, which happens during the molting process
- Living or dead roaches
- Chew marks on pantry items such as snacks, baking materials, cereal, and chips
- Fecal matter around countertops and drawers that looks like flecks of dirt
- A strong, mildew-like odor
- Odd behavior from cats and dogs
- Subtle scratching noises that come from cabinets
- Smear marks along the lower part of walls
If you identify any of these signs around your home, you may be dealing with cockroaches. To know for sure, consider bringing in professional help from Lindsey Pest Services. For more information on our cockroach control services, please call today.
The Health Hazards Of Flies In Your Atlantic Beach Home
House flies zip around Atlantic Beach homes like yours in search of food or moist conditions. They can navigate drainage systems while also being able to slip through foundational flaws on their quest to find sustenance. While house flies are generally harmless, if they infest your food, they can spread illnesses like food poisoning and dysentery. Flies can eat off of something that’s diseased, but they can also come into contact with bacteria and pathogens simply by the nature of their daily activity. They’re actually associated with more than 100 different dangerous pathogens, all of which you'll want to avoid.
If you’re concerned about having flies in your home, consider professional help from Lindsey Pest Services. We include coverage for flies in all of our residential pest control programs. By inspecting and treating your home on a quarterly basis, we’ll be able to keep flies from becoming an issue. We utilize both interior and exterior treatments to create the ultimate barrier of protection. For more information on fly control, call us today.
How And Why Rodents Find Their Way Into Our Atlantic Beach Homes
Rodents are an example of pests that have grown dependent on people over time and today, find themselves consistently invading Atlantic Beach homes. Here are a few reasons why rodents seek out your home and how they get inside:
- Small openings: Rodents are capable of fitting through openings the size of a dime, but they can also walk through doors that you leave open and unattended. Certain rats will also climb roofs and use sewers.
- Food: One of the biggest contributing factors to rodent infestations is access to food. Rodents aren’t fussy about what they eat either. So scraps in the garbage, crumbs, and uncovered meals are all ideal for rodents.
- Water: Rodents also require water to survive and they’re likely able to find small drips that will suffice. If you have issues with drains, hoses, pipes, or other fixtures, it may be enough to quench a rodent’s thirst.
- Shelter: Rodents will enter homes like yours if they’re looking for a quiet place to live, especially if it isn’t too far away from their sustenance and makes for an ideal nest.
If you’re interested in keeping rodents out of your home, call the team at Lindsey Pest Services for more information on rodent control in Atlantic Beach today.
The Key To Total Millipede Control In Your Atlantic Beach Home
Millipedes may look scary, but they’re actually considered a nuisance pest, so they don’t pose any serious risks to your health. When you live in Atlantic Beach, environmental factors play a big role in whether or not you’ll end up with millipedes inside your home. These invaders are usually lured by moisture and humidity; however, when temperatures outside are too hot, they may enter homes looking for relief. Simply put, millipedes are a very difficult pest to avoid when you live in this area.
At Lindsey Pest Services, we have the key to effective millipede control. Our company has been providing local homeowners with effective pest control solutions since 1957. Today, our QualityPro-certified team upholds the strictest safety and quality standards in the industry. We include coverage for millipedes in all of our residential pest control programs because we know what a common issue they can be. These services include quarterly treatments that tend to both the inside and outside of your home. By routinely monitoring and treating your home, we’ll be able to not only eliminate millipedes but keep them from coming back. For more information on keeping millipedes out of your home, please call us today.