Northeast Florida Pest Experts Serving Baldwin, Florida
Florida residents think that Baldwin is a fantastic place to live. Do you know who else thinks so? Common area pests include ants, rodents, bed bugs, termites, fleas, spiders, cockroaches, etc. Our climate is ideal for pest infestation! That’s why we’re here to help.
Since 1957, Lindsey Pest Services has been tackling Jacksonville area pests, servicing residential homes and businesses with the best pest control and preventative maintenance. We are a locally owned and operated company, and we have spent the last 60 years as Northeastern Florida’s go-to source for pest control and extermination.
We are proud members of the NPMA (National Pest Management Association), and we’re also a QualityPro certified company. We like to utilize chemical alternatives that are gentle to the environment while remaining effective and efficient. Contact us today for a free inspection.
Home Pest Control In Baldwin, FL
We are proud to protect Baldwin residents and their loved ones from the dangers of pest infestation. We offer year-round protection and quality with residential pest control services that you can count on. With over 60 years of experience, we know the pests that plague Florida coast residents.
Each home and each pest control problem is different. Therefore, we offer three customizable plans designed to give your Baldwin home the level of protection you need. Each plan services over 30 common Florida pests and comes with our pest-free guarantee. If you see serviced pests inside of your Baldwin home between treatments, we will come back between visits and retreat your home at no additional cost to you.
- Our Good Pest Control Plan starts at $30 per month. It includes the treatment of common area pests with our pest-free guarantee. It begins with an interior and exterior inspection of your home to identify the extent of your problem. Then, our licensed pest control technicians will come up with a plan and treat your property quarterly.
- Our Better Pest Control Plan is our most popular pest control option, starting at $45 per month. It includes protection from over 30 common area pests, our pest-free guarantee, plus wasp removal, rodent control, and Sentricon® termite protection.
- Our Best Pest Control Plan is our most comprehensive treatment option and starts at $55 per month. It includes our pest-free guarantee and protects your home against over 30 common area pests. In addition, it also covers Sentricon® termite protection, webbing removal, wasp removal, rodent control, fire ant control, Sentricon® termite protection, seasonal mosquito impression, and stinging insect control.
Let Lindsey Pest protect your home. Reach out to us today to schedule your free inspection.
Commercial Pest Control In Baldwin, FL
Lindsey Pest Services is proud to provide comprehensive commercial pest control services to the local businesses of Baldwin, Florida. We know the effort it takes to run a successful business, and we will do everything we can to help keep your inventory and your reputation intact. There are enough obstacles to running a business, and unwanted pests shouldn't keep you from thriving.
We understand that all buildings, businesses, and pest problems are different. Therefore, we will come up with a customized plan that works for you. Whether you own or manage an office building, medical facility, warehouse, school, restaurant, or retail store, we will develop a treatment plan that fits your company's needs and your space.
We proudly use an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) approach to develop and treat pests. This approach aims to treat pests currently infesting your property and find the root of your problem to keep these pests out in the future. This mode of long-lasting protection will keep your property pest-free, and that's a guarantee.
Three Tips To Avoid Bed Bugs In Baldwin, FL
Before you allow anything to enter your home, it’s important to inspect it thoroughly to ensure there are no bed bugs or signs of pest activity. Bed bugs can be brought into the house in used furniture, luggage, clothing, cardboard boxes, and other items coming from an infested area.
To reduce your chances of suffering from a bed bug infestation, make sure you regularly do your laundry and maintain a clean environment. You’ll want to wash and dry bedding and linens on high heat to kill off any bed bug activity. You should also vacuum and steam clean the areas underneath and around your bed, furniture, upholstery, etc.
The most effective solution to avoiding bed bugs is to contact the professionals at Lindsey Pest Services. We offer complete bed bug control services that are customized to fit your needs. We use steam and chemical treatments, and we utilize a portable heat chamber to treat furniture effectively. Call us today for a free estimate. Our bed bug solutions come with a one-year guarantee, and we come back to re-inspect your property every 45 days.
Did You Know That Termite Damage In Baldwin, FL Is Avoidable?
Baldwin, Florida, experiences some very moisture-rich conditions that are particularly attractive to two species of termites: Subterranean termites and Drywood termites. When termites begin feeding on moist, damaged wood, they start to destroy the structural integrity of your home from the inside out. As their colonies grow, the construction weakens, and there is less healthy wood for the structure of your home to rely on.
In this country alone, homeowners spend over five billion dollars on termite issues yearly. The best thing you can do is to be proactive with a preventative mindset. It’s important to work with a professional pest control company to protect your property from termite damage truly.
Lindsey Pest Services offers complete termite control services to eliminate all termite activity and maintain the proper conditions that will keep them out for good. We utilize a moisture meter to eliminate the excess humidity that may attract termites. From inspection and identification to treatment and follow-up, we are with you every step of the way. Call us today to protect your home from the perils of a termite infestation.
Are Rodents A Year-Round Problem In Baldwin?
Rodents like mice and rats represent some of the most tenacious and problematic pests for Balwin property owners. And to make matters worse, they’re a year-round problem as well. Rodents are known to enter properties in search of food, water, and shelter from outdoor conditions, and many residents provide rodents exactly what they need without even knowing it. Whether indoors or outdoors, rodents can be very resourceful. For example, if there’s an outdoor garbage bin that isn’t properly secured or is even overflowing, then pests like squirrels and rats are very likely to zero in on it and get all of the food that they need. If they encounter a gap or crack in a foundation and get a whiff of other foods or think there’s a promise of protection, they’ll be resourceful and gain access.
At Lindsey Pest Services, we provide rodent control that involves exclusionary methods, so we’re able to both provide immediate relief as well as long-term solutions. We also implement trapping and removal methods as well as monitoring services. Some of the rodents that we treat properties for include roof rats, house mice, squirrels, and more. To learn about the benefits of rodent control, contact us today.
A Guide To Effective Mosquito Control For Your Baldwin Property
Mosquitoes can make any Baldwin property intolerable in an instant. Unlike many other communities that experience mosquitoes between April and October, in Baldwin, they loiter around properties in search of human blood on a year-round basis. This puts residents at constant risk of itchy bites no matter the season. Here are a few tips that might reduce the number of mosquitoes that you encounter:
Look to reduce shade by trimming back trees and hedges.
Turn over the water in kiddie pools and birdbaths regularly and avoid letting water pool up in places like flower pots, outdoor gear, and grill covers.
Check for leaky gutters, roofs, hoses, and downspouts on a route basis and rectify them if you find any.
Remove fallen tree branches, leaf piles, and other yard debris.
Limit the amount of time people spend outdoors on your property during dusk and dawn.
Seek professional advice and treatments.
At Lindsey Pest Services, we specialize in providing Baldwin property owners with the highest quality mosquito control around. Our methods include mosquito barrier treatments and breeding site applications. This combination means that we’ll address adult mosquito populations while also stopping new populations from developing. To learn more about these offerings, contact us today.
How To Safely Have Honey Bees Removed In Baldwin
Honey bees may seem like an unavoidable member of Mother Nature; however, these stinging insects can actually be very dangerous to the health of Baldwin residents. If they feel that their colony has been threatened, honey bees are known to sting. The results of these attacks can include painful, raised welts that may require professional medical attention. Though a female honey bee will die after stinging her victim, a healthy colony can have up to 60,000 members. This means that the safest way to remove a honey bee problem is with professional assistance. At Lindsey Pest Services, we specialize in providing property owners with the safest honey bee removal in Baldwin. Our process offers two approaches:
Honey bee swarm relocation. For the property owner who appreciates the ecological benefits of honey bees but doesn’t want to be exposed to their dangers, we’ll relocate a nest. This means cutting out the hive and safely transporting them to our apiary.
Honey bee elimination. During this process, we inject a foam into the infested area and kill the bees on the spot.
No matter which solution property owners choose, we’ll always aim for the most environmentally responsible solution with guaranteed results. To learn more about our honey bee removal services, contact Lindsey Pest Services today.
Five Ways Cockroaches Get Into Baldwin Homes
Cockroaches are a regular pest problem in Baldwin homes primarily due to the amount of moisture and humidity that the area sees. Here are the five most common ways that roaches get into local homes:
Through the sewer system
Jumping between shared walls in multi-unit housing
Infesting packages that have been sitting on the porch
Simply crawling through the gaps around doors and windows
Fitting through cracks and crevices in a home’s foundation
Once cockroaches have moved into a home, they proceed to have very dangerous implications. Through body parts that they shed during the molting process, fecal matter, and saliva, they spread bacteria that can cause salmonellosis, gastrointestinal diseases, and E. coli, as well as instigate allergic reactions and asthma attacks in some individuals. Additionally, the most common species of roach in Baldwin is the German cockroach, which is growing immune to many insecticides. At Lindsey Pest Services, we understand how dangerous these pests are, which is why we provide cockroach control as part of our most standard residential pest control programs. Our methods are eco-conscious and all of our technicians are QualityPro certified for the safest and most effective approach to handling cockroaches. For more information on these services, contact us today.
Common Ant Invaders Found Around Baldwin Homes
Several ant species can end up in Baldwin homes. They pose varying problems and potential damage, but at the end of the day, few of us want them on our property.
Among these common invaders are carpenter ants. They are known for tunneling into wood structures and causing structural damage, much like termites.
Pharaoh ants are tiny, persistent pests. You might spot them in your kitchen, where they will forage for food sources. Ghost ants are similar in size. They usually invade to look for sweets and moisture-rich areas.
Fire ants are notorious for their painful stings and aggressive behavior. They prefer to nest outside but might occasionally venture indoors.
On the other hand, Argentine ants form massive colonies and hunt down sugar sources. They are a common kitchen nuisance. White-footed ants also look for sugar. They prefer to nest in high-humidity areas.
You can manage ant invasions through prevention and cleanliness. Still, in some cases, ant pest control services are necessary to eliminate an existing problem. Call today to learn how Lindsey Pest Services can help keep your property free of these unwanted guests.
Why Fleas Are A Threat To Baldwin Pets
Fleas are tiny pests that can significantly threaten your pets for several reasons. These blood-feeding parasites can infest most mammals, but when they get onto your cats and dogs, your furry friends could suffer various health issues and significant discomfort.
Here are some of the main flea-related problems:
- Flea bites can cause intense itching. If your pets scratch excessively, they could develop painful skin issues.
- They may also develop allergies and dermatitis if they react negatively to flea saliva.
- Fleas can transmit various diseases. Tapeworm infestations and Bartonella, or cat-scratch disease, are some of the worst.
- Severe infestations could lead to anemia in pets, particularly if they are young or small. Anemia causes weakness and lethargy.
- Constant scratching and biting can lead to open wounds and skin infections. Please seek veterinary treatment if the infestation gets out of control.
- Fleas can infest any home and yard. Unfortunately, eliminating them without professional intervention is challenging.
Regular flea prevention measures and taking swift action if you suspect an infestation is crucial for the well-being of your pets. Call Lindsey Pest Services to get started with effective flea control in Baldwin.
What Silverfish Damage In Baldwin Looks Like
You might have just heard about the silverfish, a tiny, wingless insect that moves with fish-like movements and is usually silver or gray.
These unwanted guests can cause damage to your belongings in the following ways:
- They can damage books. Paper and glue attract silverfish, making books and magazines vulnerable. They often leave small and irregularly shaped holes as they feed on the paper.
- They can eat through natural fibers. Materials like cotton and silk are prime targets for silverfish. Watch for notches on clothing and curtains, as they can indicate a silverfish infestation.
- They can chew through wallpaper. Wallpaper paste is a magnet for silverfish who feed on it, causing sections of wallpaper to loosen and peel away from your walls.
- They can contaminate food packaging. Silverfish can nibble on boxes and bags, potentially leading to food spoilage or contamination.
- Identifying signs of silverfish damage is crucial to contain and eliminate an infestation.
Unfortunately, they can be tricky to exterminate once they have started wreaking havoc.
The Lindsey Pest Services experts offer silverfish pest control in Baldwin to protect your home from further damage. Call today to discuss your situation.
What To Do If You've Started Finding Spider Webs In Your Baldwin Home
Discovering spider webs in your Baldwin home can be common during certain seasons. While most are harmless and beneficial as they help control other pests, addressing the issue is crucial if you find an abundant spider population on your property.
Here's what you can do:
- Try to identify the spider species. Most spiders in Baldwin are harmless. Still, a few can be venomous.
- Knowing the species will help you assess the potential risk.
- Clean your house regularly. Vacuum or dust frequently to remove existing webs and any potential prey insects. It will also reduce your spiders' food source and maybe entice them to seek shelter elsewhere.
- Seal up entry points. Inspect your home for areas spiders might use to enter and seal them to prevent further infestations.
- Reduce outdoor lighting. Outdoor lights attract insects, which attract spiders. Consider using yellow or sodium vapor lights that are less attractive to them.
- Work with the pros. DIY strategies are largely ineffective if your infestation persists or you're dealing with potentially dangerous spider species. Call the experts today to learn about safe and effective spider removal.
Not all spiders are harmful, but if you're uncomfortable with their presence or concerned about venomous species, Lindsey Pest Services can help with top-rated spider control strategies. Schedule your inspection today to learn more.