The Best Way To Get Rid Of Cockroaches In Your Jacksonville Home
March 13, 2023
Seeing a cockroach racing across the floor is enough to give anyone the creeps. Finding out they are social creatures and there are many more hidden about your home is even worse. Cockroaches are a common pest to invade homes in our area and a common reason people seek assistance from Jacksonville Pest Control companies.
We’ll review some signs of a cockroach infestation to be on the lookout for so you can spot a problem before it becomes severe. Learning some characteristics of cockroaches will explain why they threaten your family’s health. Also, we will explore cockroach control methods to help you find the best way to rid your home of these problematic pests.
Clear Signs Of Cockroaches In Your Home
The two most common types that invade homes are American and German cockroaches. Here are some of the signs of a cockroach infestation in your home:
- Cockroach droppings in your home are a telltale sign. American cockroaches have small, blunt, cylindrical droppings, while German ones look like black pepper or smears.
- You may find dark-colored or yellowish egg capsules around your home.
- Shed skins are a common sign of roaches in the house.
- A musty odor throughout your home indicates a more severe cockroach infestation.
- The most surefire sign is seeing an actual insect; they are primarily nocturnal and try to avoid people, so a clear indication of an infestation is spotting even one cockroach.
If you notice any of the above signs, contact a roach pest control company as soon as possible.
Cockroaches In Your Home Could Be Making You Sick
One of the worst characteristics of cockroaches is the various bacteria and human pathogens they spread. Roaches travel through some of the most disgusting things you can imagine, garbage dumps, sewage, and decaying matter. While they walk through those things, their spiny legs pick up bacteria like E. coli and salmonella, which they then transfer to our food and prep surfaces.
Cockroach droppings in your home, along with their saliva and shed skins, trigger allergies and asthma, especially in children and the elderly. They also spread six parasitic worms and at least seven other human pathogens. Professional cockroach control is the most effective way to protect your family from these pests.
Why Do-It-Yourself Cockroach Control Usually Fails
Cockroaches are some of the most adaptive and resilient creatures on earth, making them particularly challenging pests to eliminate. The following facts will help to explain why DIY pest control for a cockroach infestation is unlikely to be successful:
- Part of the difficulty in combating cockroaches is their life cycle. Cockroaches are prolific breeders, and over-the-counter cockroach control products typically only work on adult roaches. The egg capsules around your home will soon mature, bringing you right back to where you started.
- Roach pest control is complicated because of the adaptability of these creatures. They can adapt and evolve resistance to insecticides; the cockroaches pass this resistance to their offspring.
- Finally, home pest control for roaches can be expensive and time-consuming, with very little success to show for it.
Working with a local pest control company is the safest and most effective way to handle a cockroach problem.
Call The Professionals For Total Cockroach Elimination
Lindsey Pest Services has been providing effective roach pest control since 1957. Our highly trained experts are here to help you eliminate your cockroach infestation. We incorporate cockroach control products and prevention measures to eradicate your roach problem and keep them from returning.
While the cockroaches in our area may be hard to treat, they are no match for Lindsey Pest Services. Reach out today to schedule your free inspection.